Bài đăng Phổ biến

Thứ Sáu, 18 tháng 2, 2011

Art exhibition_ "Once upon a time I was..."


Solo exhibition by Ta Huy Long
Inspired by Vietnamese ancient paintings and folk tales.

I visited this exhibition a few months ago and I was bewitched not only by the color but also by the idea of the paintings. All characters in the artworks are very familiar with Vietnamese for they have lived in our soul since childhood and in our culture for hundreds of years. Eventhough I was born in city, the sight of villages is not strange to me. The reason is that I had been told many folk tales when I was a child ( like many other Vietnamese). I think the young artist's chilhood is the same as mine. He drew by memories, deep emotions , and amazing patience.
In my view, the exhibition has its certain meanings at this time, when the youth absorbs new waves and may forget valuable traditions.








Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét