Bài đăng Phổ biến

Thứ Tư, 9 tháng 3, 2011

Hanoi Bus Stories

I have taken bus to school for 4 years. It's a 10km and 30 mins long. For my route, it has about 14-15 stops which I'm even sleeping or closing eyes still knowing where is where.
I only take one Bus 21 always. But I'm pretty sure who wants to get a bus. Students mostly, old people, low income people and a little of thieves. Good news, we all have strong and fast bodies. In Hanoi bus world, this is no.1 standard. The drivers just give us 5-10 sec each stop, the doors opens then closes super fast. Not that they can't wait, they really can't wait! When dayly ticket costs 3000 VNdong (1/7 a US dollar) and monthly ticket cost 80000 VNdong (4 US dollar), they have to go back to the station to save their little precious time.
I remember my 1st year in college, one friend of mine lives near my house. He took the bus, then I.  So one morning, I met him on a bus with its another big rubber wheel on the floor. After catch me, it stopped no more. Lucky me. And my friend and I, got to school 10 mins earlier.
I remember Hanoi sky in the late afternoon. It got dark and I got Bus. Over those glass windows, the lights sparkled, red and yellow. I was safe in a giant box in 40kmph.
Today is no longer I feel safe. Sadly, I caught a man trying to steal my wallet. I am shock and upset. I feel I lost something deep inside which is a part of me for a long long time. Those people stand with me, now I see them in curious and defend eyes. I'm scared.
Anyway, I can't live with out bus now. It's cheap and the gas price keeps raising. There're still a lot of complex funny weird stories on Hanoi bus. Don't hesitate to get on one. And if you someday see a bag stucking on a back door of a bus in Hanoi street, don't be so surprise!
Posted by Macaroni

6 nhận xét:

  1. Whan I was in Hanoi a few years ago, I met only nice and smiling people - no thieves. Of course I never took the bus. I walked and walked and walked... and I crossed the streets, full of bikes, motorbikes, scooters, cars... without fear; they knew how to avoid you. I felt really safe and comfortable. Hope it will not really change! :-)

    Trả lờiXóa
  2. Hồi xưa ở nhà, mình thực sự không chịu được xe bus Hà Nội. Vẫn còn nhớ lần duy nhất phải đi xe bus là lần đi xem khai mạc Seagames ở Mỹ Đình, nôn lên nôn xuống đến mức cuối cùng phải bắt xe ôm để đi. Nhưng bây giờ thì ngon rồi. Khi nào về nhà phải thử một lần đi xe bus để tận hưởng cảm giác sinh viên HN đích thực:))

    Trả lờiXóa
  3. Dĩ nhiên là trong hai chữ tận hưởng không bao hàm việc phát hiện ra có đứa chuẩn bị ăn cắp ví của mình:))

    Trả lờiXóa
  4. lam minh nho lai cam giac hanh phuc phat cuong khi lam quyen so Westlife :D

    Trả lờiXóa
  5. love the photo :x :x :x.... especially, the colours r awesome! :x :x :x

    Trả lờiXóa
  6. Lien: anh nay to cung rat thik :x ( ninh P ti', thinh thoang con duoc an banh su kem hehehe)

    Trả lờiXóa